Geschäftsführer & Gründer des Global Food Summit – Gastgeber des Global Food Summit
Global Food Summit – Dialog for a Transforming Society
Foodtropolis- Urban.Circular.Food. Climate Change and Innovation
One of the most important questions of the future is: how can a bio-based urban circular economy help to achieve the 2030 climate targets?
The urban space is changing due to digitalization, new mobility concepts and innovative food start-ups. Urban “techno-farmers” are already supplying their regional communities with innovative, ecological products through aquaponics, vertical farming or food labs. So what impact can cell-cultured meat, or milk produced with microorganisms make to reduce the urban carbon footprint? And: at what point can cities contribute to the energy transition by means of algae production? Or how can the sewage system in new housing developments be converted into dry sanitation systems in order to save drinking water and recover phosphate as a finite raw material? These are questions we will discuss with scientists and experts from all over the world at the Berlin Science Week on November 5, 2021.
We are especially pleased that the Peruvian Ambassador H.E. Elmer Schialer will give a welcome speech and that the Peruvian Embassy is a patron of our event this year.
9:00-10:30 Farm2Fork – How can we close the nutrient cycle
12:00-14:00 Water and Climate – Future water management in cities
17:00-18:30 “A Schnitzel is just a string of molecules“
PUBLIC ONLINE CONFERENCE. PLEASE REGISTER.
This is a digital event. If you would like to attend, please book your spot here. Access to the event will be provided after registration by the organiser.
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter Zentrum Liberale Moderne
Member of the German Bioeconomy Council; Chair of Social and Institutional Change in Agricultural Development, University of Hohenheim.
- Researcher and project coordinator at the Institute of Bio- and Geosciences, IBG-2, at Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Germany
- Degree in Geobotany and Computer Science, started out in a joint field project in China and Jülich, and later in Montpellier, France,
- Main topics include: plant nutrition and resilience against flooding and other stress, development of sensors and measurement techniques, soil and water microorganism performance
- Central focus on algae: added-value-chain of microalgal lipid production to jet fuel; coordination of the IBG-2 AlgaeScienceCenter with three pilot scale algae production facilities since 2016
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in Bayreuth and Jena, PhD in Immunology at the Max Delbrück Center in Berlin
- Joined the IVA Member of the German Bundestag after working four years as scientific advisor
- Head of the Fertilizers and Biostimulants divisions within IVA since 2017
- Served at the Peruvian Embassies in Washington, Mexico and La Paz and in the Permanent Mission of Peru to the United Nations in New York
- Several posts in the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, last as Director of International Economic Negotiations, where he was responsible for Peruvian trade negotiations, OECD affairs, WTO, WIPO and UNCTAD
- Other positions he held are: National Technical Secretary of the Peruvian National Commission for the Infrastructure Integration Initiative in South America (IIRSA); Director of Middle East and African Affairs; Director of Counter Narcotics; and Deputy Director for the EU and Nordic Countries.
- Currently serving as an Associate Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at University of Asia Pacific (UAP), Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Received her Bachelors and Masters in Civil Engineering (Environmental) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) and completed her PhD in Environmental Engineering from Northeastern University, Boston, USA
- Received multiple in-house research grants at UAP working on different issues in the field of Environmental Engineering including spatial and temporal variation of river water quality, waste loads from outfall discharge, evaluation of effluent treatments plants in industries, Life Cycle Assessment of waste management and waste water treatment technologies, uptake and bio-accumulation of environmental contaminants through the food-chain
Department of Economic and Infrastructure Policy,
Technische Universität Berlin
Head of the Food Data Group at DIL Deutsches Institut für Lebensmitteltechnik e. V.
- Professional with more than 15 years’ experience in conducting research, scientific and industrial projects management at research institutions.
- Innovative, well-trained specialist with experience in successful completion and supervision of national, European and international funded scientific research projects in sustainability and life cycle assessment.
- Author of more than 100 scientific publications of all levels.
Head of Corporate, Brand& Sustainability Communications, IGLO
Chair of the German Center for Food Technology, DIL
Founder and CEO at FORMO
- Co-Founder and VP of Product at Mushlabs, is passionate about food in all its forms, combining science and practice
- Degree in business psychology and food product development, she connects product development from the emotional reasons behind purchase decisions to the translation of those emotions into physical products
- Focus on fermentation products in the fermentation lab at Noma and the patisserie at Geranium in Copenhagen
- Leads product development at Mushlabs and works with her team to aromatically convince consumers with a novel fermentation product, contributing to a sustainable food system
- Communicates her approach to product development to promote exchange between theory and practice as a university lecturer